Help boost your Fish IQ and get on a first name basis with your fishy friends. This new class from Ocean Frontiers will help you name what you are looking and uncover the divemasters secret in finding fish - "You just need to know where they live".
Fish ID Course schedule:
1 day course, with 1/2 day classroom session and a 2-tank boat dive. The Fish ID course is normally conducted with the classroom session in the afternoon and the 2-tank dive the following day. This course can be conducted most days of the week.
Cost is US$150 as an add on to exisiting 2-tank dive package OR US$259 including dives.
1/2 Day classroom session covers the following:
- Fish family groupings and common characteristics of fish species found in the Caribbean.
- Fish habitats within the different reef zones in the Cayman Islands
- Fish behaviour characteristics on the coral reef
- Fish survey planning, strategies and techniques
- Project Aware philosophy about protecting worldwide aquatic ecosystems
Dive 1 includes: Practice basic fish identification techniques
Dive 2 includes: Practice fish ID data collection
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Minimum certification as a PADI Open Water, Junior Open Water Diver or similar from other training agency